Translate

Rules, Rights & Rites -14 Speaking Order issued by the Chief Postmaster General Tamil Nadu Circle on May 11, 2026, regarding a promotion dispute involving 66 postal officials.

 Rules, Rights & Rites -147

I usually post all important items related to official rulings, union news, and other general matters on my YouTube channels: Yourskayveeyes (English) and Anbudan Kayveeyes (Tamil).

However, due to the recent spate of orders and the high volume of information being received, I have not been able to convert every item into a video. Therefore, I am introducing these new slots to post current matters and updates that have not yet been published on YouTube. This ensures you stay informed on every detail, even if a video hasn't been made yet …………….Kayveeyes

Speaking Order issued by the Chief Postmaster General Tamil Nadu Circle on May 11, 2026, regarding a promotion dispute involving 66 postal officials. 

• The Bharatiya Postal, RMS, Administrative Supervisors Association (BPRASA) and Ms. P.H. Sophia Rani filed an application (OA 1282/2025) in the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT), Chennai. 

• The applicants sought notional promotions for senior officials from the 2011, 2012, and 2013 LSG batches to the HSG-II and HSG-I cadres. 

• They requested these promotions be backdated to match a "junior" official, Shri C. Alagarsamy, who was promoted to HSG-II on March 27, 2019, and HSG-I on October 28, 2024. 

• On October 8, 2025, the CAT directed the Department of Posts to consider the applicants' representations and issue a well-reasoned speaking order. 

• Shri C. Alagarsamy was a qualified PO & RMS Accountant who was promoted to LSG Accountant on June 25, 2013. 

• Due to a lack of specific "Accounts line" promotion rules in the 2013 Recruitment Rules (RR), he was promoted to the General line (HSG-II) on March 27, 2019. 

• After five years of service in HSG-II, he was promoted to HSG-I on October 30, 2024, following a Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) review. 

• The 66 officials seeking parity were initially part of the "Postmaster Grade-I" cadre. They were only merged into the "General line" cadre following a Directorate order on July 10, 2019. 

• Shri Alagarsamy had already joined the HSG-II General line in March 2019, before the Postmaster Grade officials were merged into that line. 

• The CPMG noted that there are no departmental instructions to fix the seniority of Postmaster Grade-I officials relative to an Accounts line official from 2013. 

• The request for notional promotion was deemed "not tenable" based on current Recruitment Rules and specific Directorate clarifications dated March 30, 2026. 

• The Chief Postmaster General, officially rejected the representations. 

• The order states that the claims are "devoid of merit" and that the CAT's direction to consider the matter has been fully complied with. 

(Chief Postmaster General Tamilnadu Memo Number: STA/2-79/OA1282/2025. Dated May 11, 2026). 


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post